Forex Squeeze Break Indicator
Forex Squeeze Break Indicator
Forex Squeeze Break Indicator:
This indicator is based on a strategy mentioned in John Carter’s book, Mastering the Trade. The basic idea behind the strategy is that markets tend to move from periods of low volatility to high volatility and visa versa. The strategy aims to capture moves from low to high volatility.
For gauging this he uses two common indicators – Bollinger Bands and Keltner Channels (ok, not so common!). He also uses the Momentum indicator to provide a trade bias as some as the Bollinger Bands come back outside the Keltner Channels. The Squeeze_Break indicator combines this into a signal indicator and has the following components:
- A positive green histogram means that the Bollinger Bands are outside the Keltner Channels and the market is lightly to be trending or volatile.The stronger the histogram the stronger the directional price move.
- A negative red histogram means that the Bollinger Bands are inside the Keltner Channels and the market is lightly to be consolidating. The stronger the red histogram the tighter price action is becoming.
- Incorporated into the indicator is a Momentum indicator. According to the strategy J. Carter goes long when the Bollinger Bands break outside the Keltner Bands and the Momentum indicator is above the zero line. He goes short when the Momentum indicator is below the zero line.
- I’ve also added other indicator info in the top left hand corner to give a broader idea of current market conditions.
- The indicator provides audio alerts when a potential breakout is occurring. This indicator tends to be better with the larger timeframes. Personally I don’t trade purely on an alert signal alone. It’s just a handy tool for warning me of changes in price action and potential breakouts.
What does Forex Indicator mean?
A forex indicator is a statistical tool that currency traders use to make judgements about the direction of a currency pair’s price action. Forex indicators come in many types, including leading indicators, lagging indicators, confirming indicators and so on. Popular forex indicators include moving averages, relative strength index (RSI) and average true range (ATR). A forex trader must choose the indicators that fit his or her trading strategy.
How to install Forex Squeeze Break Indicator?
- Download Forex Squeeze Break Indicator.zip
- Copy mq4 and ex4 files to your Metatrader Directory / experts / indicators /
- Copy tpl file (Template) to your Metatrader Directory / templates /
- Start or restart your Metatrader Client
- Select Chart and Timeframe where you want to test your forex indicator
- Load indicator on your chart
How to uninstall Forex Squeeze Break Indicator?
To shut down an indicator, one has to remove it from the chart. At that, its drawing and recalculation of its values will stop. To remove an indicator from the chart, one has to execute its context menu commands of “Delete Indicator” or “Delete Indicator Window”, or the chart context menu command of “Indicators List – Delete”.
Download Free Forex Squeeze Break Indicator